Friday, June 26, 2009

Trading thought

Day-trading can be a lonely past-time - which is why I suspect traders love to flit between various internet message boards.

But the problem with that is that bad habits can creep into your trading if you don't have somebody watching over you or making sure you stick to your system.

I can see it in my own trading - I've been losing discipline and been chasing around silly little punts that have cost me a few bucks in the last few days.

I found myself scalping for silly little profits and then tossing them away on speculative positions a few minutes later. Yesterday I did no fewer than 30 trades and went backwards!!!

30 trades is ridiculous and the stupid part of it was that if I had let my first trade run it would have been more profitable than all my other winning trades on the day put together.

Time to step back and get out of the scalping game and get back to fewer but more profitable trades...

... live and learn.

No comments: