Saturday, December 5, 2009

And we're off!

I'm still trying to get my head around that US jobs number but I guess I'll take what comes - it looks like the jobs are finally starting to come through in the US economy.

The dollar started to bounce back and that burnt the gold and platinum prices on Friday - it will be interesting to see what impact that has on SA shares during the next week. If foreigners decide to lighten some of their SA holdings we might see the Rand come under a bit of pressure.

Rand slipped to R7.46 vs the US $ on Friday and a move through the R7.50 mark could be quite telling. I see it has subsequently strengthened a bit at the end of the trading day to R7.41.

Like I said in my previous - I still the dollar offers some of the best opportunities for traders over the December / January period.

No comments: